Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Here at SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna, we understand how mold contamination can be a surprise, is often very stressful and devastating. Knowing to trust our professional team is always the first tip of advice. Our experienced team answers our phones 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays. That way our crews will ready to get onsite right away to prevent further damage and begin the drying process. In the mean time, there are some good tips we can pass along called, "What to do until help arrives".
1) Try to determine what is the source of water that is causing the area to be wet and allow mold to grow.
2) At the minimum, wear N-95 dust masks and gloves to limit the amount of mold spores you are breathing. Also limit your time in the area to short intervals.
3) If possible, stay out of the affected room(s) and reduce airflow from fans, windows and HVAC.
4) If removing items from the room, consider how those contaminated items can cross contaminate other areas. Mold spores are extremely small and may not be visible to the naked eye.
5) Keep a written record of what items you are removing and what location they were moved to.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (916) 525-1241
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Elk Grove
- Pleasant Grove Estates
- Valley Hi
- North Laguna
- Black Hawk
- Ferrari Ranch
- Bradshaw Ranch Estates
- The Shires