Moisture and Mold Prevention and Control Tips from SERVPRO Elk Grove / Laguna
Did you find something that looks like mold in your home or business? Let SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna ease your mind and take care of the problem. Call us at 916-525-1241 for 24/7 emergency service.
The US EPA provides many details on their website around mold and moisture.
Take a look at some of their tips:
- When water leaks or spills occur indoors - act quickly. If wet or damp materials or areas are dried 24-48 hours after a leak or spill happens, in most cases mold will not grow.
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
- Make sure the ground slopes away from the building foundation, so that water does not enter or collect around the foundation.
- Keep air conditioning drip pans clean and the drain lines unobstructed and flowing properly.
- Keep indoor humidity low. If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity. Relative humidity can be measured with a moisture or humidity meter, a small, inexpensive ($10-$50) instrument available at many hardware stores.
- If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes act quickly to dry the wet surface and reduce the moisture/water source. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.
Need more information? Visit: https://www.epa.gov/mold/brief-guide-mold-moisture-and-your-home
Have a mold problem today or just want to read more about how SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna can take care of your mold visit: http://www.SERVPROelkgrovelaguna.com/mold-removal
Read what our customers are saying: http://www.SERVPROelkgrovelaguna.com/testimonials