Keep Your Family Safe From Fire During the Holidays
Cooking fires are common during Thanksgiving and the holidays. The US Fire Administration has quite a few tips and suggestions on their website to help with fire safety during the holidays.
If you or your loved one has recently suffered from a fire, be sure to contact SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna to help you with your restoration needs. Call us 24/7 at 916-525-1241.
Are you considering frying a turkey for Thanksgiving? Please consider the
Five dangers of deep frying a turkey:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
For more information visit the US Fire Administration website: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/cooking.html
To find out other ways SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna can help you with fire or storm damage, visit: http://www.SERVPROelkgrovelaguna.com/
As always, call us at 916-525-1241. We are here to help.