From Red Cross They Explain To Stop Home Fire
The American Red Cross has gone to great lengths on their web page providing tips and suggestions on home fire prevention.
The 7 Ways to Prepare for a Home Fire
1. Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
2. Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
3. Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
4. Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
5. Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“ to alert everyone that they must get out.
6. Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
7. Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
For more details visit:
If your family has just suffered a home fire, please call SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna at 916-525-1241. We are here to help you 24/7.