Does your fridge need a good cleaning?
Household cleaning is not exactly on our list of "fun things to do". Sometimes we don’t even know how often household items should be cleaned. If you’re like me, I clean when it looks dirty (or company is coming over!) There has got to be a better way. I am always looking for new tips or suggestions.
I recently came across this article from Today.com in the Home section. Take a look at some of these tips:
- Remove items from the door shelves.
- Wipe down all shelves as well as any sticky and drippy containers with baking soda and water solution. Dry and return items.
- Wipe the gasket/seal with a mild detergent solution. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Pro tip from Mr. Appliance President Doug Rogers: To test the seal of the gasket, shut the door on a dollar bill and if it slides out easily, the gasket isn’t sealing tightly. Replace it to save energy and wear and tear on the fridge.
- Wipe down the door, edges, handle and top of the refrigerator with mild detergent solution. Dry.
- For stainless steel refrigerators, apply coconut oil with a soft cloth. Buff to remove excess.
- Because yeast and mold can build up on the dispenser spout, it should be cleaned every month or as needed.
- Pro tip from Carl Major, owner of Major Appliance, AC and Heating in Slidell, Louisiana: Major recommends cleaning the spout with a pipe cleaner (or small brush) alternately dipped in warm water, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide (in that order).
- For added safety, make sure to replace external water filters as recommended by the manufacturer.
- The ice dispenser drawer actually can harbor mold and yeast, according to Allen Rathey, founder of Healthy House Institute.
- To clean the ice bin, turn the ice-maker off, remove the bin and discard the ice. Using lukewarm water and a mild dish detergent, wash the bin, rinse well and then dry.
- Cleaning option: Substitute distilled white vinegar for dish detergent.
For the complete article, visit:
Need a professional? Call SERVPRO of Elk Grove / Laguna at 916-525-1241 today. We are here to help 24/7.
Read what our customers are saying: http://www.SERVPROelkgrovelaguna.com/testimonials